It’s never too early to start planning a well-deserved getaway to Southwestern Idaho. After surviving this frigid, snowy winter, retreat to the charming lake town of Cascade, Idaho, a hidden gem filled with an abundance of outdoor adventures. The Ashley Inn, one of the most romantic Idaho vacation spots near Boise, is minutes away from the best things to do in Idaho, including world-class ziplining, mountain biking, kayaking, hiking, and fishing.
Top Things to Do in Idaho This Spring
- Kayaking / Canoeing – The Ashley Inn provides guests with complimentary kayak, canoe, and SUP rentals on the lazy Payette River. But you’re also encouraged to bring along your own crafts as beautiful Lake Cascade has 47 square miles of possible exploration. Pack a picnic, bring your fishing rod, and launch into the clear water from Lake Cascade State Park!
- Fishing – Lake Cascade is teeming with 19 different fish species according to the Idaho Department of Fish and Game. Most anglers will reel in beautiful rainbow trout and massive tiger muskies, but Lake Cascade is also home to largemouth bass, white crappie, bullhead catfish, kokanee, and bluegill.
- Hiking – One of the top things to do in Idaho, regardless of the season, is hiking through our pristine wilderness. The Cascade area is home to several top-notch hiking trails, all within minutes of our charming guest rooms. Crown Point Trail follows the eastern edge of Lake Cascade, covering 10 miles of easy but scenic terrain. Nearby Blue Lake Trail is arguably the premier hike inside Boise National Forest. This serene hike includes valley lookouts, lush subalpine firs, and a pristine, secluded lake (as seen in the photo). The Payette National Forest also has several splendid mountain hikes north of Cascade.
- Ziplining – The Tamarack Zipline Canopy Tour opens for business again in late May, much to the excitement of locals and tourists alike. This exhilarating canopy tour, which starts over 1,800 feet above the valley floor, flashes through lush forestry at blazing speeds. The tour features eight zips, two suspension bridges, a 105-foot-tall tree house, and 3,500 feet of terrain.
- Mountain Biking – After an exhilarating late-morning zip-line tour, slip over to Jug Mountain Ranch for several hours of thrilling mountain biking. Starting in late May, the ranch shuttles eager bikers up Jug Mountain from 9-4 p.m. $20 gets you three hours on the mountain with exclusive access to ten different trails.
Deluxe Cascade Idaho Hotels
After each full day of wilderness exploration, retreat to The Ashley Inn for a relaxing whirlpool bath before dinner at Remington’s at the Chief. Finish the evening with a bottle of wine beside your private fireplace and complimentary late-night homemade cookies before bed. Browse through our charming, romantic guest suites to find one that perfectly suits your style and budget!