Occasional rainstorms are an inevitable, albeit infrequent, part of living in the Pacific Northwest. Although it rarely rains in Cascade, Idaho, especially during July and August, it’s a good idea to have a small list of potential rainy day activities in case a storm rolls through and literally rains on your parade. The Ashley Inn, one of the top-rated romantic getaways in Idaho, is the perfect place to wait out a storm, regardless of the season. We have an array of on-site amenities, such as a 24-hour indoor pool and whirlpool area, a large selection of DVDs, a fitness room, lavish hot tub suites, and so much more!
Top 5 Rainy Day Activities near Cascade, Idaho
We’ve compiled five of our most popular rainy day activities based on customer feedback and personal experience, most of which can be “found” right here at The Ashley Inn.
- A “Spa Day” – Other than on-site masseuses, we have everything required to enjoy a spa day while the rain passes through the region. Our 24-hour indoor pool and whirlpool area is quite popular during cooler days (for obvious reasons). Swim in the pool and soak in the whirlpool before returning to your charming suite for a private hot tub bath. Then throw on a plush robe, open a bottle of champagne, and read through heartfelt (and sometimes amusing) entries in your room’s journal.
- Watch Movies – We have an extensive collection of movies to go along with our complimentary DVD players. Whether you’re in the mood for a heartwarming classic, a fast-paced action flick, or an amusing romantic comedy, you’re bound to find a DVD that fits your mood. Don’t forget to throw on a plush robe to maximize your comfort level.
- Food and Drinks – There are several nearby restaurants, coffee shops, and bars that are bound to satisfy any type of craving. Remington’s at the Chief is the area’s best culinary and wine experience while REO’s Pizza and Arcade is the perfect way to pass the time with the family. For a complete list of nearby restaurants, visit this website.
- Workout – One of the most popular rainy day activities for adults, believe it or not, is working out. Luckily for you, The Ashley Inn has a sizable fitness room with state-of-the-art treadmills. Whether you’re an avid jogger or just aiming to shed some of that vacation weight, our fitness room is a crowd-pleasing facility.
- Gold Fork Hot Springs – Think outside the box this summer with a rainy day journey to Gold Fork Hot Springs, which is among the top things to do in Cascade, Idaho. The rain will feel refreshing when you’re soaking in their warm, natural hot springs!
The Best Hotels in Idaho
Hopefully, these five rainy day activities don’t have to come in handy this summer during your well-deserved getaway from Boise, Idaho. Not only is The Ashley Inn the finest hotel in the region, but we’re just a short drive from Lake Cascade, Remington’s at the Chief, Gold Fork Hot Springs, Jug Mountain, and many more top-rated attractions. To book a midsummer escape to Cascade, Idaho, please give us a call today at 1-208-382-5621.