With New Year’s Day in the rearview mirror, it’s time to start looking ahead to your next winter getaway to beautiful Cascade, Idaho. The Ashley Inn, one of the premier Idaho vacation spots, is located less than a mile from Lake Cascade State Park, so you’ll always be seconds away from a wintertime snowmobiling or ice fishing adventure. But the Lake Cascade area is so much more than just winter sports, as you’ll quickly come to understand once you discover The Ashley Inn’s charm.
Reasons to Visit Cascade During the Wintertime
- Discounted Fireside Rooms – With rates starting at just $112 per night, our Fireside rooms have been selling exceptionally fast in recent days. Take advantage of this limited time deal before we’re completely booked through February.
- Hot Springs – One of the main reasons that the Lake Cascade area is one of the premier Idaho vacation spots is our abundance of hot springs. Gold Forks Hot Springs is the closest and arguably the best in the state.
- Warm Cookies and Ice Cold Milk – Every evening here at The Ashley Inn, our guests are treated with warm, homemade cookies and ice-cold milk. There’s no better way to end a spectacular day of exploration, fine dining, and relaxation in Cascade, Idaho.
- On-Site Heated Pool – Whether you just spent a full day snowmobiling, alpine skiing, or ice fishing in the great outdoors, you’re due for a soak in our indoor heated pool and spa.
- Dinner at Remington’s – Remington’s at the Chief is by far the best among all Cascade, Idaho, restaurants. Order a succulent steak, half-pound bison burger, or the chorizo-stuffed chicken, and pair it with a glass of award-winning local wine.
- Elk-Feeding Sleigh Rides – Hap & Florence Points Sleigh Rides is one of the area’s most popular attractions. Who wouldn’t want to venture into the vast Idaho wilderness on a horse-drawn sleigh and feed a pack of friendly elks?
- Snowmobile Adventures – The secret is out: Lake Cascade is a prime winter wonderland for snowmobilers. In fact, snowmobiles often fill our parking lot here at The Ashley Inn during winter’s peak. There’s an endless untouched paradise in our beautiful, hilly slice of Idaho, ready to be explored.
- Ice Fishing on Lake Cascade – Several species swarm deep inside Lake Cascade, including colorful rainbow trout, tiger muskies, feisty bass, and yellow perch.
- Ultra Bath Therapy Tub – Several suites at The Ashley Inn, one of the premier Idaho vacation spots, have therapy tubs that perfectly fit two. As a popular romantic getaway, we make sure to have our therapy tubs running on all cylinders.
- Alpine Skiing – Several local residents own the nearby Tamarack ski area, and it features 45 runs, six lifts, and 1,020 acres of fresh powder. Skiing at Tamarack has quickly become of the top things to do in Idaho.